Ombre or variegated yarn makes for beautiful string art! One problem that I've run into though is that the yarn color changes too slowly, and as a result, the finished piece doesn't have much variation. To solve that issue, gather your supplies and follow these steps.
- Variegated or Ombre yarn
- Pegged Board: I used the heart from my String Art craft line. It comes with the pegs set.
- Tie your string to the top center peg of the heart.
- Wrap it around the lower center peg.
- Then, wrap those same pegs a second time. By double-wrapping each spot, you'll use twice the amount of yarn showing off the color change.
- Move over one peg clockwise from each of the two starting pegs. Wrap twice like before.
- Keep going clockwise around the heart until you complete all the pegs, double-wrapping each time.
- Tie a knot around the top peg to finish.
- Hide the loose ends under your weaving and trim excess.